cannot install/uninstall packages

For this forum and the Archon website: Bug reports, suggestions, etc.

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel

cannot install/uninstall packages

Postby Y.Takaiwa » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:04 am

Hi,
We have installed 3.21 on CentOS 6.0 for trial use and evaluation of archon for Japanese language environments, and it seems OK for almost of the functions. However, the package manager does not allow us to install nor uninstall packages.
It went to the stage of showing 'areyousureinstall' phrase with buttons 'OK' and 'Cancel' in a prompted box, and pressing OK does nothing except that the box disapears. We have tried similar procedure with older versions like 3.20 which do not show such problems.
We appreciate if you can help us.
- Y.Takaiwa
Y.Takaiwa

Re: cannot install/uninstall packages

Postby jcorrin » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:28 am

We're having the same problem with our Package Manager. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this issue?
jcorrin

Postby paulnsorensen » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:16 am

Which packages are you trying to disable?
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby Y.Takaiwa » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:20 am

[quote="paulnsorensen"]Which packages are you trying to disable?[/quote]

Thank you for replying. I will explain the situation In our case:
On fresh install of the archon 3.21, four packages, Collections, Creators, Digital Libraries, and Subjects, in addition to Archon Administration were installed, and wanted to install the rest, Accessions and avsap. But they cannot be installed as I explained in a previous post.
Then, I tried to uninstall Digital Libraries and it was not successful. The symptom is the similar.

We almost decided to give up to use 3.21 for immediate jobs and use 3.20 instaed until we are convinced that the problem is fixed, because we want to work on the Accessions package.
Y.Takaiwa
Y.Takaiwa

Return to Bug Reports and User Issues