Book Manager freezes

For this forum and the Archon website: Bug reports, suggestions, etc.

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel

Book Manager freezes

Postby cherrys » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:32 am

I'm having a problem with the Book Manager: whenever I try to enter records into the Book Manager and press "Save", nothing happens. I can leave the page alone for 10 minutes or more and when I come back the Save button still just shows the spinning GIF. Everything else, that I've tried, works fine.

I'm at a loss, I can't even find an error message to know what the problem may be.

I'm using Archon 3.21.
cherrys

Re: Book Manager freezes

Postby cherrys » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:31 pm

Ok, I answered my own question, and it appears that there is a bug in Archon.

I installed Archon on XAMPP and did some more testing. On XAMPP I did get an error: blank Admin response. This was the same error that was reported in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1060&p=2991&hilit=book+manager#p2925. Since Archon actually did something this time I was able to check Firebug. The problem is that the table where books are saved is missing the field for "Identifier".

So, to fix this I went to PHPMyAdmin and manually added a field "Identifier" (varchar(50)) and everything worked fine.

I think this also needs to be fixed in the source code installation scripts (/packages/collections/install/install-mysql.sql and install-mssql.sql) under "CREATE TABLE tblCollections_Books" to include the field "Identifier varchar(50) DEFAULT NULL,"
cherrys

Postby dmo727 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:25 pm

I'm having the same problem with the blank admin response with the book manager. I'm not familiar with myphpadmin, so can someone explain exactly what to do to fix this?
dmo727

Postby cherrys » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:59 pm

You might have phpmyadmin installed in your server. (Try something like http://YOUR-URL/phpmyadmin). You'll need to login using whatever username and password was used setup for your database (It can also be found in the config.inc.php file).

When you get in select "Databases" from the tab on the top; you'll see a list of databases on your server. Select the database that your Archon installation uses. You'll then see a list of tables in the database, select "tblCollections_Books" and you'll see a list of fields in this table.

Below the list of fields you'll see a row that starts "Add [1] field(s) ...". Select the "Go" button at the end of the row to add a field. Enter the following information in the next screen:

Field: Identifier
Type: VARCHAR
Length/Values: 50
Default: NULL (choose from the select list, leave the text input blank)
Collation: utf8_unicode_ci
Null: checked

Leave the other fields in the form alone. Press the "Save" button and everything should work.
cherrys

Postby dmo727 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:13 pm

This fixed it! Thanks you very much for your help!
dmo727

Return to Bug Reports and User Issues