Database Management bug

For this forum and the Archon website: Bug reports, suggestions, etc.

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel

Database Management bug

Postby jthiesen » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:28 pm

When I click the Database Management menu item, I get the following error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::query() in /data/website/archon/packages/core/db/export-sql.inc.php on line 19

Is there any explanation for this?
jthiesen

Re: Database Management bug

Postby paulnsorensen » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:13 pm

That export-sql.inc.php file is obsolete now. Please remove it.
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby jthiesen » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:21 pm

I also had to remove exportsqltable.inc.php.

Then I tried to export a classification to EAD zip. It should have included brief entries on a couple of hundred collections. The output file was only 147 bytes and when I tried to unzip it the zip program said it was corrupted.

Now what?
jthiesen

Postby paulnsorensen » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Try opening it with a text editor -- there will probably be an error message in there. You might be missing zip libraries on your server, or it might have run out of memory.
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby jthiesen » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Yes it says it exceeded the maximum execution time of 60 seconds. How do I change the max execution time?

Pretty misleading to put an error message inside a non-zip file that's labeled as a zip.
jthiesen

Postby paulnsorensen » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:49 pm

It's a php.ini setting. It's not an error message that we generate, it's a PHP error, so that's why it's encapsulated in the output.

You'll have to change the max_execution_time to something pretty high, or 0 if you want it to be unlimited in the php.ini file, and then reload your web service (apache/iis).
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby jthiesen » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:37 pm

After playing around with maximum execution times in various php.ini files, I got it to produce a different set of error messages:

<br />
<b>Warning</b>: filesize() [<a href='function.filesize'>function.filesize</a>]: stat failed for /tmp/tempnamejFIqk7.zip in <b>/data/website/archon/packages/collections/db/export-ead.inc.php</b> on line <b>241</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/website/archon/packages/collections/db/export-ead.inc.php:241) in <b>/data/website/archon/packages/collections/db/export-ead.inc.php</b> on line <b>242</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: fopen(/tmp/tempnamejFIqk7.zip) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/data/website/archon/packages/collections/db/export-ead.inc.php</b> on line <b>245</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: fpassthru() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in <b>/data/website/archon/packages/collections/db/export-ead.inc.php</b> on line <b>246</b><br />

Is there anything else I can try, or is this version of Archon just not able to export to EAD?
jthiesen

Postby paulnsorensen » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:14 pm

You might need to filter the amount of EADs you are creating. Can you check the size of that temp file? When using PHP, stat can have unexpected results with files over 2GB, so the problem might be that you're trying to create a zip file in excess of 2GB?
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports and User Issues