Bulk EAD export bug, Archon 3.21

General bug reports for the Archon software.

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel

Bulk EAD export bug, Archon 3.21

Postby k.rimkus » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:41 am

When running bulk EAD exports from Archon 3.21, we receive zip archives which cannot be opened as such. I opened one of the zip archives in a text editor and it had a PHP warning at the top of the file reading "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in [path to installation]/export-ead.inc.php on line 242".

I was able to remove the line above from my exported file, save it, and then successfully open it as a zip archive. I just thought I'd share in case anyone else is experiencing the problem.

Kyle

---
Kyle Rimkus
Head of Digital Scholarship and Programs
University of Miami Libraries
k.rimkus

Re: Bulk EAD export bug, Archon 3.21

Postby paulnsorensen » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:17 pm

I'll see why this might be happening and make sure it gets addressed.
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby etansey » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Was this ever addressed? We are still running 3.21 and are experiencing a similar problem with attempting to download a zip file to batch export our EAD files. The zip file does not appear to contain anything when we attempt to unzip it.
etansey

Postby paulnsorensen » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:46 am

This should be fixed with 3.21-r1
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby mcyzyk » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:33 am

Was this resolved? I'm on Archon 3.21, I saw this thread so attempted to upgrade to Archon 3.21-r1 without success. (I copied the codebase to my file system, overwrote the config file with my 3.21, overwrote the /themes/ and /files/ directories with my 3.21, pulled up Archon in my browser, and got a big WARNING that everything in my DB would be lost if I proceeded. Not really successful at finding specific Upgrade instructions -- there are plenty of Installation instructions, but Upgrade, not so much....)

We are trying to dump the contents of our Archon out into EAD for, er, archival purposes! Not having much luck.

Any and all advice appreciated,

Mark
mcyzyk

Postby Morgon » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:50 am

Hi:

We have Archon 3.21r1 and are trying to export our database to MARC or EAD, but the zip file comes up empty when we use the "Database Management" -> General Tab -> Export function. (As etansey said above.)

I understand that support has been discontinued, but we cannot move on to another application without first getting our records. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-Morgon
Morgon

Return to Archon Bugs