Import interface improvements

A place to post suggestions for future versions of Archon and new Archon packages.

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel

Import interface improvements

Postby cnelson » Fri May 07, 2010 10:57 am

Hi guys - a couple of things I'd like to see improved in the import interface. They're annoying, but don't actually hinder functionality that much:

(1) when I'm doing a Collection Content Import the log output shows up on the screen but only within the confines of the display box. There's no way to scroll down and see the whole log - which can oftentimes be quite long if the collection has a lot of content. I can do a "select all" in that section to grab and copy and paste the log output to a new file, but if there were some way to just add a scroll bar to this section that would be great.

The main drawback of not being able to see all of the log output is that there's no "DONE" message or anything - I have to watch my browser to determine when it's finished importing...

(2) If I want to add a Collection Content csv, then do another one right after that, there's currently no way to refresh the interface. I have go up to the import drop-down menu, select something else (like Collection csv), allow that to automatically generate, then click back on Collection Content and allow that to generate again before I can get the upload box. It would be nice to have some sort of "add another" button right on that page, rather than have to go back and forth.

Thanks so much!

Caitlin
cnelson

Re: Import interface improvements

Postby paulnsorensen » Thu May 20, 2010 4:55 pm

These have been addressed in the latest release.
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Re: Import interface improvements

Postby cnelson » Thu May 20, 2010 5:51 pm

Hi Paul, great! I look forward to testing 3.10 :)
cnelson

Return to Suggestions