Widen windows for subject/genre and languages

A place to post suggestions for future versions of Archon and new Archon packages.

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel

Widen windows for subject/genre and languages

Postby david.b.malone » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:43 pm

On the next release could the "windows" or panes for subject/genre and languages in Collection Manager (and similar modules) be widened? It is difficult to differentiate individual headings when I am working with multiple subject headings that begin with the same heading (e.g United States -- history...). Right now it seems to show only 30 characters, which is about the length of my example above. This should be doubled, at least.

Thanks for listening......

David Malone
Wheaton College (IL)
david.b.malone

Re: Widen windows for subject/genre and languages

Postby paulnsorensen » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:50 pm

If you go to the Configuration Manager and select the "Related Option Max Length" directive, you can adjust the character width of the options there.
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Re: Widen windows for subject/genre and languages

Postby david.b.malone » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:46 pm

[quote]If you go to the Configuration Manager and select the "Related Option Max Length" directive, you can adjust the character width of the options there.[/quote]

Paul, thanks!!

This proves, for me, the value of this forum. Though I can feel like a dolt in asking a question the answer is likely there somewhere. Thanks for providing the kindly nudge.

Cheers,

David Malone
Wheaton College (IL)

PS. (for future readers) - I changed my setting from 30 to 75 (as my longest subject headings were about 70 characters).
david.b.malone

Return to Suggestions