Create Repository Administrator Role

A place to post suggestions for future versions of Archon and new Archon packages.

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel

Create Repository Administrator Role

Postby jfowler » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 am

I really like the fact that Archon now has the ability to limit repositories for users. That's a very helpful feature, and it should give Archon the ability to serve as a type of union catalog for multiple institutions.

One feature that would also be helpful, if it could be implemented, is the creation of a user role for a repository administrator. I envision this as a person who can edit information and user profiles for any repository to which he or she has rights. This would be different from the Archon administrator who has rights to edit anything pertaining to Archon.
jfowler

Re: Create Repository Administrator Role

Postby paulnsorensen » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:13 pm

You can create this role as a usergroup and edit the permissions accordingly in the Usergroup Manager.
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby jfowler » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:25 pm

I know how to use the usergroup manager, but I see no way to limit the power of an administrator on a per-repository basis.

In other words, the administrator would be able to add people to just his repository. He would be able to edit the information for just his repository, and no others. He would be able add users to just his repository, and no other.
jfowler

Postby paulnsorensen » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:28 pm

Oh I see now. That is a good idea. I will take this into consideration and suggest it for the new ArchivesSpace program as well.
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby jfowler » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Thanks, Paul. I know I'm always throwing stuff out there. I really appreciate your patience with feature requests.
jfowler

Return to Suggestions