Searching digital content

A place to post suggestions for future versions of Archon and new Archon packages.

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel

Searching digital content

Postby david.b.malone » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:31 pm

I would like to recommend some enhancements to the search process related to digital content.

1. Currently (v3.20), when one enters search terms in Archon and there is digital content that can be returned the listing that is provided contains no data information. It is difficult when there is digital content with similar titles to distinguish between the Wheaton College Catalog from 1970 or from 1980 as the title is the same and the results don't provide a date, which has been provided in the date field.

2. Currently, the search box on the Digital Content page/tab only searches the thumbnails of images. I believe that it would be very useful to have a way to search only digital content. I suppose this could be done with a check box elsewhere (similar to the older search box contents option). I think users are interested in finding digital content separately from searching descriptive information for non-digitized material.

Just a few thoughts.

David Malone
Wheaton College (IL)
David B. Malone
Wheaton College Archives & Special Collections
david.b.malone

Return to Suggestions