install - can't accept license; next disabled

For issues with installing and configuring the Archon software to begin running on your webserver.

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel

install - can't accept license; next disabled

Postby speterson80526 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:14 pm

redHat 5.7 32 bit
php 5.1
redhats httpd 2.2.3 (apache)
php-pear 1.4
Archon 3.21

We're doing a fresh install of Archon. We seems to have satisfied all the requirements, created db, user, grants, & edited config.inc.php.

We can get the first install screen via http, "Welcome to Archon:", click next to continue. "Next" works.
step 2 of 12, accept licensee: "back" works, "next" is grayed out (disabled).
speterson80526

Re: install - can't accept license; next disabled

Postby paulnsorensen » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:30 am

What browser are you trying this on? I would use something like the latest FireFox or Chrome.
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby mmoxcey » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:06 pm

I'm working with speterson on this.
Both browsers (I/E and Firefox) give a "S is not defined error" after the first Next button when I get to the screen with the EULA (Step 2 of 12)
I suspect a simple php config issue but can't find anything about it.
mmoxcey

Postby paulnsorensen » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:53 am

I highly doubt it's a PHP error. Is this "S is not defined" error part of jquery.min.js? You should look at your error console in Firefox and post any errors it has (not warnings -- there will probably be several CSS warnings). Also, what version of Firefox is this?
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby mmoxcey » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:10 pm

I/E gives error: Line 126 Object expected.

index.php line 126: The code it shows:
<input type='submit' id="nextbutton" class="adminformbutton " style="float:right" name="nextbutton" value="Next" onclick="
$(this).addClass('disabled'); $(this).attr('disabled','disabled'); $('#installform').submit(); return false;" />

Firefox gives the '$ (dollar) is not defined at line 1.

With two browsers erroring, seems to me the version numbers are irrelevant:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.17)
Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.6.17 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

I/E: 8.0.6001.18702
=======================================
Tried a 3rd browser (chrome) and got these interesting errors: /*url removed by me */

GET ...202/php/adminthemes/default/installer.css 500 (Internal Server Error)
GET ...202/php/packages/core/js/jquery.min.js 500 (Internal Server Error)
GET ...202/php/packages/core/js/jquery.form.js 500 (Internal Server Error)
GET ...202/php/packages/core/js/jquery.cookie.js 500 (Internal Server Error)
GET ...202/php/packages/core/js/jquery-ui.custom.min.js 500 (Internal Server Error)
GET ...202/php/adminthemes/default/ui-theme/jquery-ui.css 500 (Internal Server Error)
GET ....202/php/adminthemes/default/style.css 500 (Internal Server Error)
GET ...202/php/adminthemes/default/images/logo.png 500 (Internal Server Error)

I suspect some permissions or directory name or something in the php or .css file is missing so I'll look into those
but if y'all have any ideas, thanks in advance for posting.
mmoxcey

Postby paulnsorensen » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:45 pm

mmoxcey wrote:With two browsers erroring, seems to me the version numbers are irrelevant:

Well, how was I supposed to know you weren't using IE 5 and FF1 or something?

mmoxcey wrote:GET ...202/php/adminthemes/default/installer.css 500 (Internal Server Error)
GET ...202/php/packages/core/js/jquery.min.js 500 (Internal Server Error)
GET ...202/php/packages/core/js/jquery.form.js 500 (Internal Server Error)
GET ...202/php/packages/core/js/jquery.cookie.js 500 (Internal Server Error)
GET ...202/php/packages/core/js/jquery-ui.custom.min.js 500 (Internal Server Error)
GET ...202/php/adminthemes/default/ui-theme/jquery-ui.css 500 (Internal Server Error)
GET ....202/php/adminthemes/default/style.css 500 (Internal Server Error)
GET ...202/php/adminthemes/default/images/logo.png 500 (Internal Server Error)

I suspect some permissions or directory name or something in the php or .css file is missing so I'll look into those
but if y'all have any ideas, thanks in advance for posting.

I don't know why it's a 500 server error... usually it's a 403 if the directory permissions are wrong, and a 404 if the files don't exist. You should look at your apache error logs. Also, if it's possible, I would use a newer version of all these technologies. PHP 5.3 is much better and faster than 5.1 -- this is why I've never been a huge Red Hat advocate.
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby mmoxcey » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Here are the server log errors:

[Fri Dec 16 11:48:22 2011] [error] [client ] PHP Warning: include(adminthemes/default/installerheader.inc.php) [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/NWRC/Archon/packages/core/install/install.php on line 1373, referer: http://....202/php/index.php?p=install&f=install1

[Fri Dec 16 11:48:22 2011] [error] [client ] PHP Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'adminthemes/default/installerheader.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/NWRC/Archon/packages/core/install/install.php on line 1373, referer: http://....202/php/index.php?p=install&f=install1

[Fri Dec 16 11:48:22 2011] [error] [client ] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method MDB2_Error::numRows() in /var/www/NWRC/Archon/packages/core/lib/archon.inc.php on line 1772, referer: http://....202/php/index.php?p=install&f=install1

[Fri Dec 16 11:48:22 2011] [error] [client ] File does not exist: /var/www/NWRC/html/favicon.ico

The first one sounds like an include option but I've added the open_basedir to php.ini and that didn't help.
check_php file I created was able to change the MASTER column from NONE to the /usr/share/pear but that didn't fix the installation error

:open_basedir /var/www/NWRC/Archon/:/usr/share/pear/ /usr/share/pear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We do have a virtual host configuration in httpd.conf but I cannot find any actual examples of the command I should enter there.

<VirtualHost ....202:80>

# ServerName ...202:80
DocumentRoot /var/www/NWRC/html/
ErrorLog logs/NWRC/error_log
CustomLog logs/NWRC/access_log common
LogLevel warn

ScriptAlias /php/ "/var/www/NWRC/Archon/"
<Directory "/var/www/NWRC/Archon/">
AllowOverride None
Options None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

php_admin_value open_basedir /var/www/NWRC/Archon/:/usr/share/pear/ <<<DOES NOT WORK AND PROBABLY ISN'T CORRECT ANYWAY

</VirtualHost>

Again thanks in advance for any help.
I'll try to ignore the attitude until if/when it finally gets installed. but regardless of your o/s preferences, it shouldn't be this hard, even on Red Hat.
mmoxcey

Postby mmoxcey » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:33 pm

I've run php stuff to verify php and pear are working correctly.

What I think is wrong occurs in serving up the very first page of the install.
The source code has this for the button and the $(this) doesn't make sense to me in terms of javascript or html.

<input type='submit' id="nextbutton" class="adminformbutton " style="float:right" name="nextbutton" value="Next" onclick="
$(this).addClass('disabled'); $(this).attr('disabled','disabled'); $('#installform').submit(); return false;" />

I suspect the very first interpretation of something isn't working.
mmoxcey

Return to Installation/Configuration Issues