No Privileges

For issues with installing and configuring the Archon software to begin running on your webserver.

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel

No Privileges

Postby remy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:42 pm

Hello
I have run into a problem. I successfully installed Archon. The installation went well and there was no problem. However, when I go to use Archon, I can't write to the database. Has anyone had this problem before and if so, what did you do to fix it. all help is appreciated, Thank you.
remy

Re: No Privileges

Postby remy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:02 pm

update: I am able to Delete from the database and I can log out but, I cannot add to the database. I hope this can shed some light on a solution. Thanks again.
remy

Postby remy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:37 pm

Hello again, it seems the update and insert scripts are failing when calling ckeditor. I'm not sure if this helps but if anyone has had this issue please let me know what you did to resolve it. Thanks.
remy

Postby paulnsorensen » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:10 am

What Archon version, browser version, web server and database server are you running?
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby remy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:25 am

Thanks for replying. I've used archon 3.20 and 3.21, the latest firefox and ie9, I'm running Apache 2.2.3 and mysql 5.0.77. The os is centOS 5.5. I've manually added new information to the database using the same id and password so I know the credentials are good. I've viewed and deleted this information in archon. However when i use archon to update/insert new data the save button grays out and the loading cirlce on the save button appears and it just hangs there and does not insert.
remy

Postby paulnsorensen » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:57 am

Do you see any errors in your mysql error log?
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby remy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:35 am

I did check my mysqld.log and nothing out of the ordinary was there. However, that led me to start poking around the apache logs which led me to an AddType call in an .htaccess file located in the /packages/core/js/ckeditor/ directory. There were 3 lines of code there that didn't seem to be too important because all those calls are handled at the server level so I commented them out and reloaded the page and I was able to successfully insert and update... strange. Is there any other place that links to this file that may need it to function correctly or can I leave these lines commented out? Thanks for all your help once again.
remy

Postby paulnsorensen » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:46 pm

I think you can just leave it commented out.
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Return to Installation/Configuration Issues