Error connecting to database

For issues with installing and configuring the Archon software to begin running on your webserver.

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel

Error connecting to database

Postby dmo727 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:58 pm

Greetings everyone,

I have been trying to install Archon, and I have completely followed the installation instructions. However, when trying to load the web installer I get this message:

Error connecting to database!

Fatal error: MDB2 Error: connect failed in /home/alabam24/public_html/Archon/start.inc.php on line 74

Lines 69-75 looks like this:

$mdb2 =& MDB2::connect($dbdsn, $dboptions);

if (PEAR::isError($mdb2))
{
echo("Error connecting to database!<br />\n");
trigger_error($mdb2->getMessage(), E_USER_ERROR);
}

I've been checking and double checking the instructions, databases, and config files and I can't figure out what is causing the error. Thanks in advance for any help.
dmo727

Re: Error connecting to database

Postby paulnsorensen » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:38 pm

Did you install the MDB2 driver for your database? Either MDB2 isn't installed correctly, or your credentials are inaccurate for your database. Another thing you should do is make sure that your database user has permissions to access from the correct host.
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby dmo727 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:01 pm

I have MDB2 and the MDB2 mysql drivers installed. I'll uninstall both and reinstall to make sure they are installed correctly. About credentials, could the server address in the config.inc.php file cause this error? I think I have the correct address, but I will verify from my host. Also, I do have the database user set for all permissions.
dmo727

Postby paulnsorensen » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:21 am

Yeah, it could definitely be your database server's address.
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby dmo727 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:05 pm

I thought I had the correct server address, but I contacted my host and I actually had it wrong. So, the incorrect server address was the culprit. Rest of the install was successful and Archon is up and running!

Thanks for your help!
dmo727

Return to Installation/Configuration Issues