3.21 rev 1 wants to install rather than update

For issues with installing and configuring the Archon software to begin running on your webserver.

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel

3.21 rev 1 wants to install rather than update

Postby gjerdery » Thu May 03, 2012 4:47 pm

After removing all but the config.inc.php file on the server, as I've done with past updates, and loading the 3.21-rev1 files, I only get the install page. I've tried to force it via the url to go to the upgrade page, but I'm not having any luck.
gjerdery

Re: 3.21 rev 1 wants to install rather than update

Postby gjerdery » Thu May 10, 2012 1:08 pm

To others who encounter this issue, I discovered that the answer is that you do not need to go through the standard upgrade procedure when going to a "rev" edition of the same numbered release (ie. 3.21 to 3.21-rev1; moving from any other version - 3.20, for example - to rev1 DOES require the update process). Just copy the new files to the server, being sure to delete the packages/core/install/install.php file. The site will just work. I had a recollection that there was something special the last time a rev version was released, but couldn't remember what it was. I had to find the posting for 3.13-r1 to be sure. I wish that a similar notice had been placed in the 3.21-r1 announcement. I couldn't find anywhere else that documented the different installation process.
gjerdery

Return to Installation/Configuration Issues