Record Group Sorting

For issues with installing and configuring the Archon software to begin running on your webserver.

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel

Record Group Sorting

Postby jmasciad » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:56 pm

As a follow up to my look & feel post of last week:
We are going to have multiple Institutions in our installation. This is accomplished with separate Repositories and Classifications. When one views the "Record Group" page, which I have successfully renamed as "Institutions" the classifications are sorted in numerical order. Since our members may choose to take advantage of our installation of Archon whenever they please, not in alphabetical order I'm trying to figure out how to get the classifications to sort alphabetically. If this cannot be done, is there a way to "hide" the classification number so I can assign each institution a number that will allow them to sort alphabetically within the numerical order?
For example, I had:

01 Augustana College
02 Millikin University

But if I add 03 Elmhurst College it will not be alphabetical:

01 Augustana College
02 Millikin University
03 Elmhurst College

So, if I look at all our potential institutions and sort them alpha, and use the Excel sheet's line numbers I can do this:

03 Augustana College
69 Millikin University

So, if I added Elmhurst College

03 Augustana College
25 Elmhurst College
69 Millikin University

These numbers are clearly arbitrary and rather ugly (AND do not line up with the internal collection ID, so are also strange in that way).
What I'd really like is this:

Augustana College
Elmhurst College
Millikin University

To look at what I mean in our installation: http://archon-test.carli.illinois.edu/? ... ifications

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Jen

Jennifer Masciadrelli
Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI)
100 Trade Centre Dr., Suite 303
Champaign, IL 61820

Contact CARLI: support@carli.illinois.edu
Phone 217-244-7593 or Toll-free in Illinois 866-904-5843
jmasciad

Return to Installation/Configuration Issues