Hi I have two issues I'd like to bring up here - one, just to document for other people who may be searching for answers, and two to ask about a funny thing that happened when we were upgrading our v2.23 to v.313-r1.
1) I was repeatedly experiencing hangups in the upgrade process from 2.23 to 3.13-r1 (or any of the 3.x versions for that matter) (see posts viewtopic.php?f=4&t=640
and here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=765
) and it turns out it's because the Research Module was not installed. The code to upgrade from 2.x to 3.x somehow didn't take that into account and it was hanging / not behaving correctly. Paul was able to help us and has corrected the code for 3.13-r1, now available for download. So, one solution is to use the corrected code provided by Archon to upgrade. The other solution is to install and enable the research package before upgrading.
2) We had also disabled the Digital Library package before upgrading, although there was still a significant amount of content in that part of the database, in addition to the Research Package not being installed. On step 3 of the upgrade process I received the following message:
"Archon has finished upgrading your packages, but please note that there may have been some issues. Please visit the Package Manager after this upgrade has completed to verify the status of your upgrades.<br />"
At this point the "back" and "next" buttons don't work - I can't click on them to progress. However, if I add "?p=upgrade&f=upgrade4" to the URL and hit enter, the upgrade script progresses to the next section, language selection. From there everything goes smoothly, and when I get to the package manager I see that the Digital Library package still says "2.23" "disabled" and has an "upgrade" button next to it.
If I don't do this manual step and instead go to the admin interface, however, or the main page, or delete the install.php page - then the phrases are all incorrect and the admin interface doesn't work quite correctly. So I guess the conclusion from this section is: everything ended up fine, but I had to hack the URL. If you could make a correction so that the "next" and "back" buttons still work upon receiving the above error, I think the upgrade script would be improved.
Thanks so much for your help on this one!