Digital Library Manager file upload problem

For issues with installing and configuring the Archon software to begin running on your webserver.

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel

Digital Library Manager file upload problem

Postby dlkeys » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:09 pm

Greetings,

We are having problems with the file upload for the Digital Library Manager.

When we select "Upload File", browse to a (.jpg, .gif. or .png) file and click Save; all we get is a thin pink bar outlined in red.

We are running Archon 3.14 on a Windows, IIs, MySQL, PHP server.

This is our first installation attempt and have met or exceeded the Server Configuration Recommendations:

memory_limit=128M
file_uploads=on
max_execution_time=300
upload_max_filesize= 8M
post_max_size=8M

We also added to the my.ini file: max_allowed_packet=8MB

I also opened up the windows permissions on the directory "files" Is this the proper directory for the uploads?

Thanks for your attention.

David Keys
dlkeys

Re: Digital Library Manager file upload problem

Postby beltramie » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi,

Does this happen with all files regardless of size?
beltramie

Postby dlkeys » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:15 am

Yes, however, all of the files we tested were under 100KB
dlkeys

Postby beltramie » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:35 am

And there is no error message displayed in the red bar?

Do you get the error when adding some of these files using the incoming folder on your server's Archon directory? You can add a set of jpgs to the "incoming" directory on your server, then go to Archon Administration/Database management/Import Digital Library File, select all the images you want to add, then Import. Your jpgs should then be available for attachment to your digital library items.

Also, your digital library/file type manager has entries for all the file types and extensions you are uploading right?
beltramie

Postby dlkeys » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:15 pm

When I add a file to the "incoming" folder and then use import digital library file; I get an "Admin Response" that says the following.

PREPARE MDB2_STATEMENT_mysql_c430b46d879de4f3840b549db64790f2 FROM 'INSERT INTO `tblDigitalLibrary_Files` (`DefaultAccessLevel`, `DigitalContentID`, `Title`, `Filename`, `FileTypeID`, `Size`, `DisplayOrder`) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)'Array ( [0] => 0 [1] => -1 [2] => altgeld.jpg [3] => altgeld.jpg [4] => 2 [5] => 40299 [6] => 0 )

The image was not available in the dropdown for an attachment to the digital library.

The file type manager has all of the listed extensions that I have tried: .jpg .png .gif
dlkeys

Postby paulnsorensen » Mon May 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Can you check for errors in your log files? I'm particularly curious how the normal uploading action behaves.
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby dlkeys » Wed May 04, 2011 3:28 pm

I checked the logs on the server and found no errors or warnings pertaining to this problem.
dlkeys

Postby paulnsorensen » Fri May 06, 2011 12:02 pm

What are your version numbers for IIS, PHP, MySQL and Windows? I have a feeling that there is a configuration issue here. Did you adjust any settings besides the ones that we suggested? Does your temp directory or whichever you use for uploading your files have the proper permissions?
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby ahh » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Well, it looks as if I've run into the same sort of a problem ...

Everything else appears to run smoothly but I can't upload even small files < 1MB. I get the same error as described in the above earlier postings.

Linux-Box
Archon 3.21
PHP 5.3.5

The apache error log says:

[Sun Jul 17 20:45:14 2011] [error] [client 84.56.60.192] PHP Fatal error: MDB2 Error: unknown error in /srv/www/vhosts/www.rrt-archiv.net/RRT/packages/digitallibrary/lib/file.inc.php on line 220, referer: http://www.rrt-archiv.net/RRT/index.php ... brary&id=1

Anay ideas?

Getting a hint would be great!
ahh

Postby ahh » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:47 pm

OK, after some additional tinkering I now have to augment my above posting:

If the file set for uploading is on my local drive /home/Downloads then all runs fine.

However, if the file resides on another host, the volume being mounted via NFS on my local computer then the above-explained error occurs.

Maybe that the uploader (Flash? JS?) is the problem - I guess that under certain circumstances it doesn't properly get the size or other parameters of the file to be upload. This might explain the MDB2 Error in file.inc.php on line 220.

Is it possible to use a simple HTTP upload with html forms? Maybe that the file name of the original file can't be passed to the Archon system without Flash or JS extensions?

Recently I have tested Alfresco CMS software. They also offer some Flash-based uploader. It also does not work smoothly on every system. However, they offer an alternative html uploader which is less prone to failure.
ahh

Postby paulnsorensen » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:14 am

We actually don't use a flash uploader. It's just regular HTML. I'm not completely positive, but this sounds like your web server doesn't have access to your NFS share.
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby Dhanushka » Fri May 31, 2013 10:56 am

(I have my AMP stack on a Solaris server.)
I'm getting the same error when uploading a file at Digital Library Manager.
This is the message I get when I try to upload the file.
http://i.imgur.com/V2VKfVp.jpg

When I click on 'Save' again I get the following message, even though there's no duplicate file.
http://i.imgur.com/DD6O8OC.jpg

After that if I visit File manager I can see a record for the file there. But this is just a record with file name, size and type. The actual file is not available. When I add the file to a new item under 'Digital Library Manager' and visit public view it's displayed as follows.
http://i.imgur.com/a30qxqZ.jpg

When I download the file it won't open and would just give an error message saying the file is empty.
Dhanushka

Return to Installation/Configuration Issues