importing ead

General discussion about installation and use of the Archon software. (Link to your site here.)

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel, sgriffin

importing ead

Postby mducey » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:48 pm

Hello, I have a few questions on importing EAD with the most current version of the software. It is very exciting to have this working, but I have faced a few challenges and hope that there may be some ideas for solutions. Thanks for any help you can provide.

1. We use the unicode entity as follows for ampersands, Archives & Special Collections. When this imports into Archon, it ends as as "&amp" and needs to be changed manually in the appropriate field. We've used the unicode to avoid issues from transformation with our stylesheets.

2. I am getting the error message "Could not load LevelContainer: LevelContainer ID not defined." When this occurs, some parts of the finding aid appears in Archon, but then others do not. For example, on one import none of the items in <controlaccess> appear on another, none of the series description or container list appeared.
mducey

Re: importing ead

Postby mducey » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:56 am

Actually, I wonder if anyone could provide me with an EAD file that has successfully been imported and then I could check my EAD encoding against it to see what I may need to change. I've noticed that subject headings, <control access>, language <langmaterial>, and my container lists <dsc type="in-depth"> are not loading. This seems an easier route than the questions I asked yesterday. Thanks!
mducey

Re: importing ead

Postby paulnsorensen » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:46 am

I'll move this to the correct forum to see if anyone wants to give you a hand with an example EAD. One thing you may want to try is to create a very detailed collection as you see it in Archon, and export that to EAD. That should give you a better sense of how Archon expects its EAD to be formatted.
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Return to Archon Discussion