Admin hanging after move to new server

General discussion about installation and use of the Archon software. (Link to your site here.)

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel, sgriffin

Admin hanging after move to new server

Postby DFreeburg » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:56 am

We run Archon on a local network on WAMP. I recently had to re-install Archon on a new PC. I used PHPMyAdmin to export the database and import it on the new machine. I then copied over the Archon PHP files. After getting MDB2 installed and configured, the patron interface is working fine. All of our data is intact, searching/browsing is behaving normally, and I can log in.

The problem is that I get a white screen when I click on Admin. I had this same problem before on the first machine. I can't find the thread, but I read on this forum that the first time Admin is loaded a cache needs to build which takes time. I solved the issue last time by increasing the max_execution_time in the php.ini to 120 (I see that default_socket_timeout is set to 120, so that may have been related). That solution is not working this time. I've tried using PHP versions 5.2.9-2 and 5.3.13 and have experienced the same issue in both.

I've tried loading Admin in both Firefox and Chrome (as well as IE).

I'm receiving the following error in the Firefox error console:

Timestamp: 6/5/2013 10:37:43 AM
Error: The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol.
Source File: http://moheganarchives/archon/index.php ... /core/home
Line: 0

Perhaps a CSS issue? I'm using the default template. If anyone has any thoughts, I'd be grateful. Because we're on a secure, private network, I can't allow anyone to log in to take a look for themselves. But if anyone has any suggestions for updates to the php.ini I could try, or anything similar, I'd certainly appreciate it.
DFreeburg

Re: Admin hanging after move to new server

Postby DFreeburg » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:31 pm

FYI ... I was eventually able to solve this. I'm still not 100% sure what the initial issue was, but I: re-installed Archon from scratch with a blank database, went through the installation steps, made sure that Admin was working on a fresh install, and then replaced the database with a backup from the old system in PHPMyAdmin. Now it is working perfectly. I don't think I went through the installation process initially ... though considering that the fresh database is deleted and replaced with the backup, I'm not sure why that would make a difference.

Anyway ... just thought I'd mention that.
DFreeburg

Return to Archon Discussion