Accession numbers

General discussion about installation and use of the Archon software. (Link to your site here.)

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel, sgriffin

Accession numbers

Postby Polly » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Hello:

In experimenting in the sandbox, the only field I've found for an accession number, is the Identifier that appears only in the accession record. The collection record based on the accession doesn't carry it over anywhere. We need to be able to track accessions through an id number, even though that does not become the collection number. Is it possible? Is there a field that is particularly well suited for it in the collection record?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Polly

Polly Darnell
Shelburne Museum
pdarnell@shelburnemuseum.org
Polly

Re: Accession numbers

Postby Katie_R » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:34 pm

Hi Polly,
I noticed the same issue. I ended up just adding the accession number (ie:1998.01) in the Collection Module under the Acquisition tab in the Method field. After typing Gift (or Bequest, etc.) I added a comma then the accession number. It's not perfect and it's certainly not convenient, but it's one way to get the accession number into the record. It appears under the Acquisition Note in the Administrative Information section of the public interface.

What I would like to know is how to change the 'ID:7' (or some number), which appears at the top of the record after the accession title when you're working in the accession module, to the actual identifier (accession number)....

-Katie
Katie_R

Return to Archon Discussion