Some questions about where changes can be made

General discussion about installation and use of the Archon software. (Link to your site here.)

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel, sgriffin

Some questions about where changes can be made

Postby webdeveloper » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:55 pm

Apparently there isn't any documentation available for the old archon. I was, therefore, wondering if anyone in this forum knew the answers to a few questions. I was tasked to make some changes to the look and feel of the FDR archive website. Many of the changes are in the wording of titles and subject descriptions. I am baffled as to how to change them. I changed all references in the code (for example, change a heading from “Records and Manuscripts” to “Document Collections") but in the search results in the actual website, it is still coming up with "Records and Manuscripts". It must be a database issue, but I have no idea where to look. (running [ grep -r -H "Records and Manuscripts" * ] for example, does not produce any results and yet this text still shows up) I'm going to try to track down where the text resides, but I thought I would ask around in the meantime to potentially save myself a lot of work :-). Also, does anyone know how to disable features in archon (for instance, have search results go directly to the detailed finding-aid)? There is a little documentation of this on the website, so this I can probably figure it out without that much hassle, but I thought I would ask all the same.
webdeveloper

Return to Archon Discussion