Child Items not appearing in Edit collection Record

General bug reports for the Archon software.

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel

Child Items not appearing in Edit collection Record

Postby mtriehle » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:57 am

Archon ver. 3.21
In the Administrative view, under Collection Content Manager, Child Items do not appear when you go into the ‘Edit Collection Record’ for some of the Boxes, while other boxes show their child items. The child items will appear if you click to add a child to a particular box.
mtriehle

Re: Child Items not appearing in Edit collection Record

Postby paulnsorensen » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:07 pm

That's because they are collapsed in the tree view. Click on the box to reveal the child items.
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby mtriehle » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:28 am

The expand symbol (+) is not available to click on for some of the the Items that have children. Some show as a tree view, but others do not.
mtriehle

Postby paulnsorensen » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:43 pm

When did you start using Archon? Some people that started way in the 2.x series have this issue. The way to fix it is to open and save each parent content, I believe.
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Postby mtriehle » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:40 pm

We've been using Archon for a while, at least back to 2.x. We'll give that a shot.

Thanks,
Matt
mtriehle

Postby mf679 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:14 pm

Greetings-- I wanted to follow up on this topic, because I'm having the same problem. My workplace is running Archon 3.21, and I'm using Google Chrome 21.0.1180.83 m on Windows 7. The same issue also occurs in Firefox and IE, though: I can't get the menu to expand beyond the series level, even though child content exists.

My co-worker who administers our Archon services has tried to tinker with user rights and so forth, but so far to no avail. I also seem to be the only one around here reporting this error, so I'm relieved to see something similar has happened somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any help in resolving this issue!
mf679

Return to Archon Bugs