Images stack on top of each other in digital library

General bug reports for the Archon software.

Moderators: paulnsorensen, kylefox2, prom, rishel

Images stack on top of each other in digital library

Postby gbowman » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:12 am

We're having an issue with regards to the images in the digital library displaying properly when there are multple images. See the attached screenshot.

This problem appears in Firefox, but not usually Chrome. My guess is the layout is calculated before the images are finished loading. I think this is the case because refreshing the pages (with the images now cached) causes the layout to correct itself, with the images aligned vertically.

Thanks,

Screenshot:
http://grayb.us/img/archon3.png
gbowman

Re: Images stack on top of each other in digital library

Postby paulnsorensen » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:09 pm

I'd need to look at this live to be able to diagnose it... can you either provide a link or send me something that recreates it in the sandbox?
paulnsorensen
Site Admin

Re: Images stack on top of each other in digital library

Postby beltramie » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:53 pm

I had a similar problem when I was making a lot of edits to my layout for controlcards and digital library records.

The problem for us was that while editing, we did not nest the <div> tags properly so page elements were not closing out (</div>) correctly and running into each other.

So I would double check that the opening and closing div tags are in the right place and that there are the right number of them.

Chrome has a developer tools built right in under the view menu that allow you to look at a page and see exactly which elements are in play for different parts of a page. Firefox too has a developer plugin for this purpose. Here is a screen shot:

http://people.carleton.edu/~nwilson/list/devview.png

This may help you ID if your divs or other elements are nested improperly.

Nat
beltramie

Return to Archon Bugs